You get comprehensive coverage against all prevalent Heart and Cancer related conditions. On diagnosis of a covered condition, you are paid a lump sum amount (% of chosen Sum Assured).
You can choose from 2 plan options:
Option A: Cover for Heart related conditions:
A lump sum amount is paid to you on diagnosis of a covered Heart related condition.
Option B: Cover for Heart and Cancer related conditions:
You can cover yourself against Cancer related conditions in addition to Heart by paying a nominal additional premium. A lump sum amount is paid to you on diagnosis of covered Heart or Cancer related conditions.
The benefit amount is paid under 3 categories
We have classified all covered Heart and Cancer related conditions under 3 categories – Mild, Moderate and Severe. These categories are based on severity of the diagnosed illness and define the extent of payout made to you as a percentage of your chosen sum assured.
|Category ||Definition of payout |
|Mild ||25% of the chosen sum assured is paid to you on diagnosis. You can claim a mild condition only once under Plan Option A and twice under Plan Option B (one each from Heart and Cancer related conditions). |
|Moderate ||50% of the chosen sum assured is paid to you on diagnosis. Thereafter, Exide Life Insurance will pay premium for next 5 years on your behalf. Multiple claims are allowed under this category and your policy will terminate upon payment of 100% of sum assured. |
|Severe ||100% of the sum assured is paid to you. Amount paid to you prior to diagnosis of a severe condition will be deducted. The policy will terminate on payout. |
(In case you are diagnosed with more than one condition at the same time, the benefit will be paid to you under the highest category. To know more about these listed conditions, please refer to Terms and Conditions.)
HEART RELATED CONDITIONS
| Mild ||Moderate ||Severe |
- Arrhythmia’s leading to Insertion of Pacemaker or ICD
- Cardiac Arrest
- Pericarditis leading to Pericardiectomy
- Percutaneous Heart Valve Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery to Aorta
- Keyhole Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Infective Endocarditis
- Carotid Artery Surgery
- Secondary Pulmonary Hypertension with permanent functional impairment NYHA class III
- Surgical Septal Myomectomy to relieve Left Ventricular Outflow Tract obstruction
- Myocardial Infarction (First Heart Attack of specified severity)
- Open Chest Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
- Major surgery of Aorta
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Heart transplant
- Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms
CANCER RELATED CONDITIONS
| Mild ||Moderate ||Severe |
- Carcinoma-in-Situ of all organs excluding skin
- Early stage Cancers of Prostate
- Thyroid Papillary Microcarcinoma
- Bladder Microcarcinoma
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia – early stages
- Mastectomy due to diagnosis of Carcinoma-in- situ of the breast
- Orchidectomy due to diagnosis of Carcinoma-in-situ of the testis
- Cystectomy due to diagnosis of Carcinoma-in- situ of the Urinary Bladder/ T1NoMo Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy and Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy due to diagnosis of Carcinoma in-Situ of the Cervix/ Carcinoma-in-Situ of the Uterus /Carcinoma-in-situ of the Ovary
- Cancer of Specified Severity (please refer the Terms and conditions for more details)
(To know more about these listed conditions, please refer to Terms and Conditions.)
We will pay you the benefit on diagnosis of covered Heart and Cancer conditions even if you have filed a claim under any existing health insurance policy that you may have.
Conditions under moderate category, because of the severity and longer recovery time, can have an impact on your savings as well as future earnings. To help you and your family, Exide Life Insurance pays your policy premiums for the next 5 years, in the event a claim is paid to you under a moderate category.
You save tax on Premiums paid under Sec 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961 as amended from time to time.